We often ignore to check expiry date on cosmetic products. It's very important to do so as it might damage our skin.
- Best and easy way is to check the expiration date on the products. Make sure to check the manufacturing date and expiration date when you buy any products.
- Do a close examination on product's smell, consistency(watery), texture.
Below is a simple table showing the life span of cosmetic items.
- Mascara - 3 to 4 months if not dried then can extend to a month or it depends.
- Foundation - 12 Months
- Concealer - 12 to 18 months. Do note put the sponge in the concealer directly, take it in plate or backside of your hand then dab the sponge.
- Powder - 18 months for press form, loose one can be used till 2 years.
- Eye shadows - Powder goes till 18 to 24 months, for cream it is 18 months. Tighten the lid .
- Liquid Liner - 6 months
- Liquid gel/pencil - 2 months
- Lip gloss/lip glow - 18 months and 2 years if it is in a palette.
- Nail polish - 2 years. If, your nail polish dried up put 2-3 drops of nail polish remover and shake it well.
- Beauty blend - 2 years. Clean after every use.
- Brush - Life long. Clean well and invest on good one it just goes on